And for once, I don’t mean Peter the Ranger and his side kick, Grayson the Fighter.
This time, I am talking about Sigil Games and their release of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.
So why the heck – are we, at NeN – talking about Vanguard: Saga of Heroes?
Are we doing a special Machinima Piece with the folks of Vanguard?
No, nothing like that.
However, everyone’s favorite Dorf – that’s right, Pawl the Dorf – works there. (Well not the NeN character – but Paul Molina, who does the voice acting for Pawl the Dorf)!
Based in Carlsbad, California, Sigil Games Online is a studio dedicated to creating massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. Founded in 2002 by Brad McQuaid and Jeff Butler, key figures in the development of award-winning EverQuest, the company plans to be a driving force in the continued evolution of this unique genre. Sigil Games Online is comprised of an all-star team of experienced developers with an impressive pedigree of commercially successful and critically acclaimed online games. The company’s first game, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, will be co-published by Sony Online Entertainment.
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has also nabbed some pretty cool awards:
· Games Radar: Winner: Best PC game
· HookedGamers: Winner: Best in Show
· Safehouse: Winner: Most Impressive Progress
· Stratics: Winner: Best in Show
· – Runner up: Best Graphics
Developer & Co-Publisher: Sigil Games Online
Co-Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Welcome to Telon, a vast and ancient world of magic, intrigue and adventure. Facing the challenges of a war torn world, the diverse people here struggle to rebuild their once great civilizations. A fragile alliance has been struck, with the lands set upon by invading forces, the races must band together to survive. In the north, the sprawling green hills of Thestra are plagued by an unstoppable undead menace. To the south, the deserts of Qalia have been besieged by an elemental threat spawned from the depths of the earth and to the east; inhabitants of the tumultuous jungles of Kojan fiercely battle encroaching otherworldly fiends.
Telon is in desperate need of heroes. Your journey begins now.
Core Differentiating Experience:
To a greater degree than any other MMO, Vanguard rewards collaboration among players:
· Actions of your group-mates can open exciting opportunities for you during battle.
· As your perception skill rises you can intercept danger before it befalls you or your group.
· Certain quests require the close collaboration of high level adventurers, diplomats and crafters.
· A vast and detailed world: Explore two large continents and an archipelago riddled with dungeons and adventures.
· Create and customize your character: In a world of thousands, carve your own unique destiny and appearance choosing one of 19 different races from Orcs and Goblins to Dwarves and Elves.
· Choose your path from 15 classes: Choose from one of 15 exciting classes including Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Psionicist, Bard, and Rogue.
· Dynamic reactive combat system: Build chains of special attacks and reactions with Openers, Bridges, and powerful Finishing moves.
· Dozens of unique mounts: With dozens of unique mounts to collect, you can race into battle on your warhorse, command the skies on the back of your dragon or join friends and embark on a sea-based adventure to discover faraway lands.
· Talk your way to the top: As a diplomat, cunning words are your most powerful weapon as you curry favor in centers of power.
· Interactive tradeskills: Collect essential materials and use skills such as blacksmithing, alchemy and ship building to create valuable and powerful items.
· Player houses: Make Telon feel like home by staking your claim on a piece of land and furnishing your own non-instanced house with unique items.
So check your local gaming shop and pick up a copy of VANGUARD: SAGA OF HEROES and join the LARGEST MMO ever released!
The adventure awaits you. The saga awaits you.
The world awaits you.
Become the Hero you are destined to be.
VANGUARD: SAGA OF HEROES.